Charged With a DUI/DWI?
Have you been charged with DUI or DWI in Maryland? The Isak Law Firm is here to provide the strategic and knowledgeable defense you need. The Harford County DUI attorney at our firm understands the charges you are facing and can provide the insightful counsel you deserve during this challenging time. Contact our firm today to take the first step in your defense.
DUI & DWI offenses under Maryland law:
- 21-902(a1): Driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol without a breath test. This can result in 12 points on your license, 1 year behind bars, and $1,000 in fines.
- 21-902(a2): Driving under the influence of alcohol per se with a BAC of .08 or higher. This an result in 12 points on your license, a license suspension for a year or longer, up to 1 year in jail, and a $1,000 fine.
- 21-902(b1): Driving a vehicle while impaired (DWI) by alcohol with a registered BAC between .04 and .08. This can result in up to 8 points on your license, possible license suspension for up to 12 months, jail time for up to 2 months, and a $500 fine.
Defending DUI & DWI Charges
In Maryland, you can be charged with DUI if you are found driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of 0.08% or higher, regardless of whether or not your ability to drive was actually impaired. In addition, if you are driving a vehicle, you must submit to a chemical test if requested or face additional penalties. In cases where your driving is impaired but your BAC is not over the legal limit, you may be charged with DWI.
Possible defense to these offenses include the following:
- Challenging the accuracy of breath, blood, or urine tests
- Demonstrating that your rights were violated by officers
- Arguing your charge down to a lesser offense
- Getting evidence dismissed based on mishandling
- Proving an officer did not have reasonable suspicion to pull you over
While it can be very challenging to fight drinking and driving related offenses, when you have the right legal advocate on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing the best possible outcome will be secured. When you reach out to The Isak Law Firm, you can be confident that you will receive dedicated legal counsel and support.
Call Us Today to Fight Your Charges
It is very important that you act fast to build a defense against your DUI or DWI offense. You only have a small window of opportunity during which you can challenge your charges and halt any DMV action against your driver’s license. Whether you are a first or repeat offender, you can trust that we will do everything in our power protect your rights when you call on us.
Our Harford County DUI lawyer is ready to stand up for your rights. Fill out a case evaluation or give us a call at (443) 233-6877 today to discuss your charges.