Benefits of Bankruptcy
Protecting Your Interests in Harford County
Are you aware of the many benefits of filing for bankruptcy? This federal debt relief option could allow you to achieve a fresh start and a clean financial slate. At The Isak Law Firm, we are passionate about helping our clients find the debt solution that works for them - and in many cases, bankruptcy is the best option.
How could filing bankruptcy help me?
The following are some of the many advantages that bankruptcy can offer:
- Bankruptcy puts an automatic stay into effect. This will effectively stop harsh debt collection methods including foreclosure, repossession, wage garnishment, eviction, attachments, utility shut-offs, and more.
- Bankruptcy allows you to keep your home. If you are facing foreclosure, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection may allow you to protect your home and give you the time you need to get current on your mortgage payments.
- Bankruptcy can be anonymous. There is a common myth that bankruptcy is very public - but in reality, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, no one has to know that you have filed for bankruptcy except you, your lawyer, and your creditors.
- Bankruptcy allows you to discharge your debt. In Chapter 7, also known as straight bankruptcy, the filer is usually allowed to discharge all of his or her debt. Many of your assets are exempt, and our Harford County bankruptcy attorney can help you protect your property. In many cases, individuals are able to discharge their debts without forfeiting any of their assets!
- Bankruptcy forces your creditors to leave you alone. Creditor harassment is a serious issue. Filing for bankruptcy will force your debt collectors to leave you alone and stop contacting you. If you are the victim of creditor abuse, or if you are tired of being contacted by your debt collectors, talk to a bankruptcy attorney about how bankruptcy could help you find relief.
- Bankruptcy allows you to keep your business open while repaying your debt. If you are a small business owner and you are dealing with serious debt, talk to our bankruptcy lawyer about how Chapter 11 bankruptcy could help you keep your doors open so that you can keep earning income from your business while repaying what you owe in a manageable time frame.
Serious Representation in Harford County
At The Isak Law Firm, we are committed to helping our clients in Maryland achieve fresh and positive outlooks on their financial future. We are here to not only walk you through the bankruptcy process but also to prepare you for the best possible change of success in your life after bankruptcy. Our skilled and knowledgeable attorney has been able to help many clients in tough financial situations, and we are ready to help you as well!
Call The Isak Law Firm for a case evaluation today.