Stop Illegal Creditor Harassment Today
Tenacious Defense in Harford County
Creditor harassment is illegal. Many people who have fallen behind on their
payments are unaware that the law protects them from abusive creditor
behavior. If your debt collectors are constantly trying to contact you
or utilizing other forms of provocation, coercion, or abuse, you should
know that you have options. These collection methods are prohibited by
federal law. Talk to a Harford County bankruptcy lawyer about your situation
to learn about your rights.
Illegal Creditor Harassment
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) regulates creditor behavior.
If you are the victim of creditor behavior that violates the FDCPA, you
may be entitled to compensation. In addition, filing for bankruptcy requires your creditors to stop contacting you.
Some examples of illegal creditor behavior include:
- Telling you that the amount you owe is more or less than what it really is
- Using vulgar, abusive, insulting, or demeaning language
- Constant phone calling designed to harass
- Calling before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Calling on Sundays
- Threatening legal action if no legal action is intended
- Telling unauthorized third parties about your debt
- Threatening physical violence
- Failing to identify himself / herself as a debt collector
- Contacting you while you are work
You should not hesitate to consult the knowledgeable Harford County creditor
harassment attorney at The Isak Law Firm. We are prepared to offer the
tough defense necessary to help you overcome this challenge and protect
Request a Free Legal Consultation in Bel Air, MD
Our firm is committed to providing strong and effective legal representation.
We offer honest, affordable legal services to clients throughout Harford
County. We understand that the challenges you face may seem insurmountable
right now, but don't give up hope! Our firm is here for you.
Contact The Isak Law Firm
today to schedule a
to learn more.